St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store ~ 1291 Kass Circle Spring Hill, FL 34606 ~ 352.688.3331 ~ Store Hours Monday through Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store needs afternoon Volunteer help with Linen, Furniture, and Clothing Departments. The Food Pantry needs Baggers, Interviewers, and early morning truck drivers. Please come to the store or call Woody at 352-596-4730 for more details. God Bless.
The Mission Statement of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul in the United States:
Inspired by Gospel values, the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, a Catholic lay organization, leads women and men to join together to grow spiritually by offering person-to-person service to those who are needy and suffering in the tradition of its founder, Blessed Frédéric Ozanam, and patron, St. Vincent de Paul.
As a reflection of the whole family of God, Members, who are known as Vincentians, are drawn from every ethnic and cultural background, age group, and economic level. Vincentians are united in an international society of charity by their spirit of poverty, humility and sharing, which is nourished by prayer and reflection, mutually supportive gatherings and adherence to a basic Rule.
Organized locally, Vincentians witness God’s love by embracing all works of charity and justice. The Society collaborates with other people of good will in relieving need and addressing its causes, making no distinction in those served because, in them, Vincentians see the face of Christ.
- As Vincentions We Believe In:
- In the dignity of the human person
- In the identification of Jesus with the poor
- In the preferential option for the poor
- That Jesus is the Evangelizer and Servant of the poor
- That growth in intimacy with Jesus is a lifelong process
- That poverty of spirit is the primary beatitude
- That our primary concern is charity and justice
- That prayer is essential: personal and communal
- In the virtue of humility: personal and corporate
- In the virtue of charity, inside and outside the Society
- In Divine Providence
- In Friendship
- In Community
- In Simplicity
This institution is an equal opportunity provider
For more information in the Hernando area: http://svdphernando.org/